Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Asian Mothers and smooth skin and soft hair?

I just asked a question regarding my son. At the public pools, we use the family change room with my 8 year old son, and many other parents also use it for their kids who are older then mine.



I see alot of Asian Mothers with their sons old as 13, and their mom making them stand under the shower soaping them down to make sure they are totally white scrubbing their sons hair until its shiny, and the mother lotioning and lotioning her son herself until they are completely white and you can smell them 10 feet away. My son is 8, and the other kids with their mothers are in my sons swimming class, and the class is ages 8-13.



Are asian mothers worried alot about their skin or what is the deal? Not being racist. Just very curious



Asian Mothers and smooth skin and soft hair?

Hey



No, its social status. Asian people doesn't like to have dark skin because that mean you are a laborer (poor have to work in the rice field) and not a rich person.( in the house, doesn't have to work).



I am Asian and I have tan skin when I went back to Asia. People treat me very different eventhough I have money because my skin isn't white enough.



Asian Mothers and smooth skin and soft hair?

It's part of the indian culture.Basically to have yourself and your surrounding neat and clean.So,in other words we indians are neat -freaks.Most indian mothers from india are more likely to be a little more clean then canadian indians.If you ever see a indians house you'll see just how clean they try and keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment